Intel SA-00391 - Management Engine Security Updates for Asus Q170M-C, Asus Q270M-C and Asus Q370M-C
Intel Security Advisory SA-00391 recommends that the Management Engine Firmware Updates are applied to products running ME 11.x (Q170/Q270) and ME 12.x (Q370).
Note: This advisory may also apply to earlier products however those products are considered as unsupported by Intel, meaning that ME updates will not be made available.
|Latest BIOS version
|ME Available with latest BIOS or otherwise available from Asus
|ME Potentially vulnerable to SA-00391
Availability of a Management Engine Update
A management engine update is available below.
- Always test your deployment against a small number of machines first
- As part of this, ensure that any considered VPRO settings are maintained
- Always ensure you flash the right update to the right model of system
- Some of the exploits in SA-00391 may require other system configuration changes or software updates in addition to the management engine firmware update
Requirements to Perform the Update:
- You must install the Intel Management Engine Driver before attempting to install the update
- Local Administrator privileges are required
- Q170M-C (BOAMOT-482)
- Q2170M-C (BOAMOT-489)
- Q370M-C (BOAMOT-494)