You may receive Windows Update Error 0x8024402F even if the system has been reimaged.
Any desktop or laptop product running Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 8.
This is caused by a problem with the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.
Unninstall the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile:
1. Start->Control Panel->Programs and Features
2. Locate the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
3. Right click and then select Uninstall / Change
4. Confirm that you want this component to be uninstalled. This may take a few minutes.
5. Restart the system.
6. When the system has reboot, re-run Windows Update and as normal.
More Information: This has been documented on the Microsoft Technet here.
Article ID: 41
Last updated: 04 Jul, 2013
Posted: 03 May, 2013 by --
Updated: 04 Jul, 2013 by Andrew Sharrad
Also listed in