In May 2017, Intel released details regarding a critical security issue
present in some Intel business chipsets.
The product referenced on this page is not expected to be impacted by this security issue.
(For more details regarding the security issue present in some versions of Intel Active Management Technology (AMT), Intel Standard Manageability (ISM) and Intel Small Business Technology, see here
How to Update the BIOS on the NT310-H Laptop
BIOS Updates are available for the Stone NT310-H Haswell based laptop.
Note: Please only update the BIOS if necessary. The BIOS should not be updated unless you are experiencing a specific issue which requires an update. This BIOS update is designed to be used by Administrators. Contact Stone Support for further advice.
What you need to Perform the Update
- Extract the downloaded file to the pen drive.
- Ensure that the system to be updated is connected to the AC mains and also has a battery level of at least 20%.
- Disable UEFI boot in the BIOS, if enabled.
- Boot the system to be updated from the pen drive.
- Run ECFLASH to update the EC Firmware.
- Then shut the system down if it doesn't turn off automatically.
- Boot the system up again and start it again from the pen drive.
- Run the FLASH batch file to flash the main BIOS.
- When the flash has completed, shut the system down, if it does not shut down automatically.
- Start the system back up and re-enable UEFI boot in the BIOS if it was previously enabled.
Note 1: Do not attempt to use this BIOS update procedure inside a "DOS" box or command prompt inside another operating system. Always run all parts of the update from a pure DOS boot.
Note 2: Always ensure that the laptop is connected to the mains and that the battery has at least 20% charge before attempting to perform the flash.
- Stone NT310-H Laptop - NOTCHA-260 and NOTCHA-265.