In May 2017, Intel released details regarding a critical security issue
present in some Intel business chipsets.
The product referenced on this page is not expected to be impacted by this security issue.
(For more details regarding the security issue present in some versions of Intel Active Management Technology (AMT), Intel Standard Manageability (ISM) and Intel Small Business Technology, see here
BIOS Files Available
This link contains the latest Stone release BIOS for this motherboard (v.0807).
Previous BIOS Files
We always recommend that you use Stone BIOSes for your systems, rather than motherboard manufacturer generic BIOSes. This ensures that any customisations are preserved.
How to Flash the BIOS
- Download the BIOS flash file above and extract it to a FAT32 formatted USB pen drive.
- Make sure the problem system is powered off.
- Plug in the pen drive
- Turn the system on and tap the F2 key to go into the BIOS
- Press F7 to go into the Advanced Mode
- Accept the confirmation prompt to go into advanced mode by click on OK
- Go to the Tool Menu and then Select ASUS EZ Flash 2 Utility
- Now you need to locate the pen drive containing the .CAP BIOS file. The pen drive is usually FS0: if you plugged the pen drive in before turning the system on.
- Once you have located the BIOS .CAP file, simply click on it. You will be prompted for confirmation.
- Follow the remaining on screen instructions.
BIOS Settings to Note Before Flashing the BIOS
You may wish to note the BIOS settings below and check that they are still set correctly after completing the update procedure.
- Advanced > SATA Configuration > SATA Mode Selection
- Advanced > Trusted Computing (where available)
- Boot > Boot Configuration > Fast Boot
- Boot > CSM (Compatibility Support Module)
- Boot > Secure Boot
- Boot Option Priorities
When to Flash The BIOS
We recommend that you only update your BIOS if you are experiencing a product issue or if you have been advised to perform the upgrade by Stone Support.
Reminder: During the BIOS update process do not disconnect or turn off the power as this will render the system inoperable.
- Stone systems based on the Asus H81T motherboard (BOAMOT-471)