BIOS Files Available
There are several BIOS flashes available for the Stone / MSI H61M-P31/W8 (BOAMOT-443).
- The latest Official Stone BIOS 3.63 (this BIOS also solves an issue regarding erroneous memory test failures and sporadic Stop 0x0000001A Memory Management / Memory_Management blue screens of death (BSOD)).
How to Flash the BIOS in DOS
- Download one of the BIOS flash files above and extract it to a Windows 98SE bootable USB key (this will work with the existing BIOS as it is a removable drive)
- Make sure the problem system is powered off.
- Connect the BIOS update USB pen drive
- Turn the system on and use the F11 key to obtain the boot menu (look for USB KEY in the menu).
- Boot from the USB key and run the FLASH.BAT utility.
Note: If your systems are running Windows 8.x, to boot from a Windows 98SE USB pen drive you may need to disable Secure Boot in the BIOS (Advanced > Secure Boot > Disabled). An alternative method of updating the BIOS is to go into the BIOS and to use the M-FLASH menu - this will remove the need for changing any BIOS settings.
How to Flash the BIOS in Windows
A windows flash tool is available. This needs to be run with Administrative Privileges.
- Use the flash32.bat file if running 32bit / x86 Windows
- Use the flash64.bat file if running 64bit Windows
When to Flash The BIOS
We recommend that you only update your BIOS if you are experiencing a product issue or if you have been advised to perform the upgrade by Stone Support.
Reminder: During the BIOS update process do not disconnect or turn off the power as this will render the system inoperable.
- Stone systems based on the MSI H61M-P31/W8 motherboard (BOAMOT-443)