The Stone / Asus Q87 CS-B motherboard (BOAMOT-467) has an integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM). In some situations, the TPM module may not remain enabled in the BIOS after you reboot the system, resulting it in not being available to the operating system.
The cause of this issue is a BIOS glitch in BIOS version 9301.
To resolve this problem, either downgrade to BIOS 9213, or preferably, update to the latest Official Stone BIOS for this motherboard (version 1201s or a later).
To flash the BIOS:
- Download the BIOS file and put it onto a blank FAT32 formatted USB pen drive
- Insert the pen drive into the system
- Turn the system on and tap the F2 key to go into the BIOS
- Go into Advanced mode by pressing F7 (then accept the confirmation prompt)
- Use the right hand arrow key to go across to the tool menu (5 presses)
- Select "Asus EZ Flash 2 Utility"
- A screen will appear allowing you to select the BIOS file. The USB pen drive is normally highlighted first (FS0:) and you should be able to select the BIOS .CAP file for flashing
- After selecting the BIOS .CAP file, follow the onscreen instructions.
Tip: Always use Stone Computers official BIOS to prevent your copy of Windows re-requiring activation. This is especially important if you are using a Stone Computers factory image or OEM installation of Windows.
- BOAMOT-467 - Stone / Asus Q87CS-B