The attached utility will retrieve system hardware WMI / DMI information, such as baseboard (motherboard) information and a list of enabled hardware devices.
This utility is useful in building WMI queries or scripts to uniquely identify hardware on a network, such as for SCCM task deployment or driver updates.
- Download the package attached to the article or here.
- Logon to the system as an Administrator.
- Extract the package to a folder.
- Right-hand click on detect.bat and run it as an Administrator.
- The file WMIOUTPUT.TXT will be created. This contains the hardware WMI information. If required, please send this file to Stone Support for assistance on determining the best WMI information to use.
Note: Sample useful WMI queries include WMIC ComputerSystem GET Model or, preferably, WMI Baseboard GET Product.
- Stone branded Desktop, Laptop and tablet systems.