In May 2017, Intel released details regarding a critical security issue
present in some Intel business chipsets.
The product referenced on this page is impacted by this security issue. Due to the age of the product, a BIOS patch or Management Engine update may not yet be available. Please follow the mitigating actions highlighted here.
How to Update the BIOS on the NT310 Laptop
BIOS Updates are available for the Stone NT310 laptop which add support for Windows 8.1.
Note: Please only update the BIOS if necessary. The BIOS should not be updated unless you are experiencing a specific issue which requires an update. This BIOS update is designed to be used by Administrators. Contact Stone Support for further advice.
What you need to Perform the Update
Windows 8 / 8.1:
- Extract the downloaded file to the pen drive.
- Ensure that the system to be updated is connected to the AC mains and also has a battery level of at least 20%.
- Boot the system to be updated from the pen drive.
- Run ECFLASH to update the EC Firmware.
- Then shut the system down if it doesn't turn off automatically.
- Boot the system up again and start it again from the pen drive.
- Run MESET.
- The system should reboot. If it does not, reset the system.
- Boot the system from the pen drive for a third time.
- Run the FLASHME batch file to flash the main BIOS.
Note 1: Do not attempt to use this BIOS update procedure inside a "DOS" box or command prompt inside another operating system. Always run all parts of the update from a pure DOS boot.
Note 2: Always ensure that the laptop is connected to the mains and that the battery has at least 20% charge before attempting to perform the flash.
As of 11/3/2014, when you have updated the BIOS you will have these new code versions installed:
- BIOS 1.03.02 TRO
- KBC/EC 1.03.01 (or 1.03.01ST with the Critical Battery Warning Disabled)
- Stone NT310 Laptop - NOTCHA-256, NOTCHA-257, NOTCHA-261 and NOTCHA-262.